Losing weight without dieting? It’s possible ! No need to deprive yourself or follow the principles of a restrictive and frustrating diet to the letter, you can just as well slim down by adopting a few daily habits. Because it is above all a better lifestyle that is involved here. So follow our advice and simply change some (bad) habits. Here are 10 tips for losing weight wisely but without dieting.
How to lose weight ? What are the best tips for losing weight? And without a diet if possible? We reveal 10 tips to lose weight without starving yourself or depriving yourself, but just by changing a few habits and becoming aware of your body’s needs.
1-When to eat to help you lose weight?
Respecting your biological clock is very important for general well-being but also when you want to lose a few pounds. It just means that you will have to choose the right times for your meals, according to your periods of activity during the day. This is also called Chrono nutrition. Rest assured, it’s very simple: it all depends on the time you wake up:
- within an hour of waking up: eat a rather fatty breakfast.
- in the next 4 to 6 hours: eat a rather dense breakfast (with protein).
- at least 5 hours after lunch: make a rather sweet snack (like a fruit).
- at the end of your activity day – and only if you are hungry – have a rather light dinner.
Of course this pattern can be bypassed: for example, in the case of a very “festive” evening and a late awakening: you can have a big brunch between 10h and 14h, then, possibly, a light dinner.
Slimming made to measure thanks to the chrono nutrition, by Dr Alain Delabos. Chrononutrition is a revolutionary method that allows you to lose weight without depriving yourself, taking into account your biological clock.
2-Why you should take your time when eating
Even if you are the most active person in the world, this is an order: take the time to eat!
Indeed, a meal engulfed too quickly is not satisfying. The stomach does not transmit the feeling of satiety until after 20 minutes. So sit comfortably, calm around you, and try to put your fork between each bite even if you have fangs!
Chew slowly, enjoy the food, and you will see, your digestion will be easier and your rations will decrease.
3-How to snack smart without gaining weight?
“I have a hollow!” How many times a day do you repeat this sentence between two meals?
Snacking is your number 1 enemy! Often, if your menus are full, these little cravings for sugar are due to a psychological appeal rather than a real need for food.
If you really can’t hold back and you’re on the verge of devouring your coworker, play it finely with a flavored tea or infusion, which may stop the feeling of hunger. Also, don’t skip your afternoon snack: a fruit for example or a compote with plain yogurt or a few almonds, which will satisfy your taste buds on the sugar side.
4-Something to lose weight? Replace!
To lose weight easily, you must first learn to identify the most caloric foods … which are not always what you think! For example, from caloric and dietetic point of view, prefer chicken to beef, a pizza to a pasta dish with carbonara full of bacon, cereal bread rather than a white baguette … And don’t forget not that rare are the “enemy” foods, it is necessary to preserve a minimum of the concept of pleasure, in fact, it is all a question of quantities!
Even deli meats, provided you don’t eat more than 2 times a week and accompany them with raw vegetables rather than fries, could find their place on your plate! Of course, it is better to favor cooked ham or bresaola …
5-How to lose weight AND have fun?
’Eating must remain a pleasure, a moment of relaxation and exchange, with friends or family.
Stressing over the smallest cookie swallowed is useless and will make you bitter (and guilty) for the rest of the day. If you make big gaps, catch up the next day by reducing your calorie intake or by opting for an intensive workout. But learn not to do yoyo; your differences must become exceptional moments.
6-Why favor home-made food when looking to lose weight?
For two reasons. First of all because cooking yourself allows you to really control what you eat and to dose according to your needs. But also because it allows you to “come to terms” with food and no longer see it as the source of extra pounds!
Equip yourself with utensils (steamer, silicone foil, potato masher, blender …), and dare to buy foods you are not used to (aromatic herbs, Jerusalem artichokes, sweet potatoes, crustaceans. ..).
Your home cooking (with a light hand on fat) will necessarily be better for your line than prepared dishes, rich in sugar and salt.
7-How to slim down with plants?
Mother Nature has thought has really thought of everything and also offers you tips for losing weight! Since the dawn of time, we have used certain plants for their various medical virtues. But did you know that they can also work against excess pounds? Not all, of course, but some of them are real slimming plants:
- The bark of the bigarade (also called bitter orange) would accelerate the effect of satiety, and “stimulate” digestion.
- Fucus, brown algae are known for its stimulating action on the metabolism, and which encourages the body to draw on its fatty reserves to cover its needs (go small, draw, draw!).
- The leaves of ginkgo biloba are used for many properties, but in particular for their antioxidant and vaso-dilating capacities, which makes them excellent allies against cellulite!
- Fennel seeds are used for their beneficial action against digestion problems, stomach aches, bloating …
- Ascophyllum: another algae! This would limit lipid assimilation at the intestinal level. In case of excess (after a party meal for example), it can help limit the storage of fat.
You will be able to find all these plants fresh or in the form of powder conditioned in capsules (available in drugstores or organic stores), respecting the indicated doses.
8-Why is it important to sleep well to fight against the pounds?
An American scientific study has highlighted the relationship between lack of sleep and weight, or more precisely the body mass index (BMI). So it seems that the less you sleep, the higher your BMI. This could be explained by a high production of ghrelin, the appetite hormone, when we are lacking sleep.
Another explanation could be that the body needs to get the energy it needs overnight to maintain its temperature in its fat stores.
Please note that losing weight without dieting does not mean spending the day in bed! Get up to go sport …
9-How to lose weight effortlessly by controlling your emotions?
Here is a simple observation: becoming aware of it will help you lose weight without dieting. Stress, anger, fear, anxiety … all emotions are capable of “pushing us to eat”. Have you never, after a heartache, a big argument, or in front of a horror film, jumped on everything that was available to you in your fridge?
This behavior is normal, and instinctual, because it comes from a desire for natural compensation, after a strong emotion, which we will satisfy with food.
For some people, the very fear of getting fat will generate stress … which pushes people to eat! A vicious circle which we must be aware of to avoid it. Be zen, learn to manage your emotions, and above all: do not feel guilty at the least gram more on your balance!
10-Why do you have to move when you want to lose weight?
Yes, I know that this last step was predictable, but once is not custom: impossible to lose weight without diet and without going through the “sport” box.
If we get our ears folded so much with the recommended 30 minutes of physical activity a day, there is a reason! Because to refine the silhouette without making a draconian diet, sport is a very good solution.
We choose the one that best targets the part of the body to be firmed:
- slender legs: the bike
- plump buttocks: water aerobics
- designed abs: fitness
- square shoulders: swimming.
And for allergy sufferers, find other good ways to sweat a little and lose weight without dieting: walking, shopping, active hugs, console games that move, etc., and in summer jump in the waves, get around by bike, play with the kids …
Latest tips …
- Nothing beats a balanced diet to stabilize your weight and live better in the long term. It is a question of understanding what contributes to the excesses and the dangers which they imply, and what concerns our physiological needs.
- Anticipate cravings. No way to arrive at the evening meal without having eaten nothing during the day, because it is the assurance of opening a cupboard and throwing myself on anything. Consider having a snack.
- Do not set unattainable goals: rebalance your diet, taste what you have on your plate and no longer ravenously throw yourself on it, do not weigh yourself every day so as not to get depressed, and above all not to experience this new experience badly “challenge”: good morale remains the best ally to lose without taking the lead!